What the OPPOSITE of a Jeep looks like

You can talk about anything here
MattJ
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 2016
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

What the OPPOSITE of a Jeep looks like

Unread post by MattJ »

I've got a 3.5 inch lift and this guy has less than 3.5 inches ground clearance. I was going to challenge him to a rock crawl, but then decided I should just challenge him to a pothole instead!

___=_=_=
l l ,[_____],
l---- L -[]lllllll[]-
()_) ()_)--o-)_) BEV: the BSA Expedition Vehicle
BlackNBlue-ISH
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2005
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Re: What the OPPOSITE of a Jeep looks like

Unread post by BlackNBlue-ISH »

To each their own I guess. I once had a car I was going to lower and if i had gotten into the VW scene when I had them, I might've eventually put an air ride system in to slam it down when parked, but able to lift it for comfort/driveways/cracks/etc.
2005 TJ, built and beat accordingly
Frank
Frankie BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1974
Jeep Model: CJ5

Unread post by Frank »

We spend money like its free , I get that. Some of these cars have serious buks tied up in them and other than putting it on a track of some kind , whats it for ? I had a chance yesterday to see two Jeeps park either side of a lifted Ford pickup with more chrome than a Chrome shop would have ! No he wasnt parked between his lines at the mall :) . No I didnt stick around to see what happened , but I would have liked to ! If your into lowered/lifted , high HP or whatever , I get it . This is a waist in my opinion . FjR68
pirahnah3
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1997
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Unread post by pirahnah3 »

Without seeing the back end or knowing the model, it could honestly be a failed factory air suspension, some models did have them, also like the Mark 8s that always have that problem lol.
'97 thats been chopped up and put back together, and ready to take on the trails.
Richl35

Unread post by Richl35 »

If you look close he has his headrest pulled up to the roof it looks like.

As bad as it is it is still better than the imports you see driving around with the wheels at a 15 degree angle to the road surface? What the h÷// is that for?
Modeler
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2005
Jeep Model: LJ Wrangler

Unread post by Modeler »

Richl35 wrote:If you look close he has his headrest pulled up to the roof it looks like.

As bad as it is it is still better than the imports you see driving around with the wheels at a 15 degree angle to the road surface? What the h÷// is that for?
They think the excessive added camber aids in cornering, but mostly it is so the tire doesn't rub on the wheel arch.

What i don't understand it the tire that is too narrow for the wheel. Can't be safe at all.
Speed costs money, how slow do you want to go?
BlackKnight
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2013
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Unread post by BlackKnight »

Modeler wrote:
Richl35 wrote: What i don't understand it the tire that is too narrow for the wheel. Can't be safe at all.
Just Stupid being Stupid...
--
BlackKnight - Commando Green '13 JKU w/EVO (R Fascia w/D's, ProSeries Front, Skids, 4" Lift) Powerstop z36 kit, 38" Patagonia MTss, PoisonSpyder Diff Armor, SuperWinch w/factor55 Prolink, FOX 2.0 shocks. JKS Track Bars
Richl35

Unread post by Richl35 »

Modeler wrote:
Richl35 wrote:If you look close he has his headrest pulled up to the roof it looks like.

They think the excessive added camber aids in cornering, but mostly it is so the tire doesn't rub on the wheel arch.

What i don't understand it the tire that is too narrow for the wheel. Can't be safe at all.

Ahhhh.... No.