Inspection Stations

You can talk about anything here
BlackNBlue-ISH
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2005
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Re: Inspection Stations

Unread post by BlackNBlue-ISH »

In the wording posted above, lift is defined as shackle, coil, tire, etc so the lift you get from tires is also an issue. 37’s give you roughly 3-4” of lift over the stick ~30’s you can get.
2005 TJ, built and beat accordingly
BlackKnight
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2013
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Unread post by BlackKnight »

BlackNBlue-ISH wrote:In the wording posted above, lift is defined as shackle, coil, tire, etc so the lift you get from tires is also an issue. 37’s give you roughly 3-4” of lift over the stick ~30’s you can get.
But I think that under the 4X4 CMR corrections it specifically stated the differences between Mechanical, Body, and Tires separately and that it wasn't addictive, but each independent.
--
BlackKnight - Commando Green '13 JKU w/EVO (R Fascia w/D's, ProSeries Front, Skids, 4" Lift) Powerstop z36 kit, 38" Patagonia MTss, PoisonSpyder Diff Armor, SuperWinch w/factor55 Prolink, FOX 2.0 shocks. JKS Track Bars
MattJ
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 2016

Unread post by MattJ »

Cameras go live on October 1st. Went in for an early inspection today, so my Jeep won't need to smile for the camera until next September.
___=_=_=
l l ,[_____],
l---- L -[]lllllll[]-
()_) ()_)--o-)_) BEV: the BSA Expedition Vehicle
BlackKnight
BSJ Member

Unread post by BlackKnight »

MattJ wrote:Cameras go live on October 1st. Went in for an early inspection today, so my Jeep won't need to smile for the camera until next September.
I'm thinking now that I may go early also...
--
BlackKnight - Commando Green '13 JKU w/EVO (R Fascia w/D's, ProSeries Front, Skids, 4" Lift) Powerstop z36 kit, 38" Patagonia MTss, PoisonSpyder Diff Armor, SuperWinch w/factor55 Prolink, FOX 2.0 shocks. JKS Track Bars
Danb33
BSJ Member
Jeep Model: LJ Wrangler

Unread post by Danb33 »

I’m trying to get mine inspected early, but I can’t grt rid of the p0344 code. As for the pictures showing up in CJIS, I’ll see if that’s true after Oct 1.
MDSRACING398
Jeep Year: 1985
Jeep Model: CJ7

Unread post by MDSRACING398 »

Ryan just had this issue and had his computer flashed to fix it. Also the OPDA is a known problem that could be causing your issue.
Do it right the first time!
Second place is First Loser! Work Harder
Semper Fi
Danb33
BSJ Member

Unread post by Danb33 »

MDSRACING398 wrote:Ryan just had this issue and had his computer flashed to fix it. Also the OPDA is a known problem that could be causing your issue.
It started when I bumped my OPDA and it spun causing a p0016 and p0344. I took that time to replace it with a Crown unit and new Mopar sensor and the p0344 keeps coming back. Any recommendations on dealers to use? Quirk Jeep won’t touch anything over 10 years old and I don’t want the dealer to throw parts at it when it needs a simple flash.
MDSRACING398
Jeep Year: 1985
Jeep Model: CJ7

Unread post by MDSRACING398 »

You replaced it at top dead center with the pin in? Or atleast holes lined up? Ryan's forum name is Baseshaker you could ask him where he went.
Dan's jeep in Westboro has always been good to me atleast buying jeeps. I have never had a shop work on my stuff so I can t say who is good.
Do it right the first time!
Second place is First Loser! Work Harder
Semper Fi
Marky
BSJ Member

Unread post by Marky »

Thinking of myself only (I'm good at this) using the formula above and 95.4" for a JK wheelbase, that provides for only 3.2" total lift. My 34" tires effectively provide 1" of lift over the stock 32's plus a 2.5" lift is 3.5". I also have a 1" spacer above the coils. Even with sag I estimate 3" suspension lift plus the tires. Technically that makes me illegal. Based on my relative "smallness" compared to many others in the club, I understand the concern people have. Our only saving grace will be the shop's unwillingness to be that precise. It still ends up being their willingness to take the chance, considering there's photographic evidence now.
2014-19 Vice President
Other positions: DOE, At-Large
2013 JK Rubicon, 3" lift, 35" tires, lots of armor
Danb33
BSJ Member

Unread post by Danb33 »

MDSRACING398 wrote:You replaced it at top dead center with the pin in? Or atleast holes lined up? Ryan's forum name is Baseshaker you could ask him where he went.
Dan's jeep in Westboro has always been good to me atleast buying jeeps. I have never had a shop work on my stuff so I can t say who is good.
I’ll send him a message. It was top dead center to the timing mark with the pin in.
Modeler
BSJ Member

Unread post by Modeler »

Marky wrote:Thinking of myself only (I'm good at this) using the formula above and 95.4" for a JK wheelbase, that provides for only 3.2" total lift. My 34" tires effectively provide 1" of lift over the stock 32's plus a 2.5" lift is 3.5". I also have a 1" spacer above the coils. Even with sag I estimate 3" suspension lift plus the tires. Technically that makes me illegal. Based on my relative "smallness" compared to many others in the club, I understand the concern people have. Our only saving grace will be the shop's unwillingness to be that precise. It still ends up being their willingness to take the chance, considering there's photographic evidence now.
You would be OK as the reg specifies that you must be greater than one inch above the formula result for a fail based on "manufacturing variances".
Speed costs money, how slow do you want to go?
Jeepster2586
Jeep Year: 1997

Unread post by Jeepster2586 »

I was talking to my local inspection station about the cameras. He told me that there is rampant fraud going on with inspections. Apparently, people are just giving vin numbers and receiving stickers based on that. He said they are looking to verify that the vehicle is actually being inspected. Conventional wisdom tell me that NOBODY is sitting there watching cameras.
pirahnah3
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1997

Unread post by pirahnah3 »

The cameras are not video enabled, they are still only and from what I have been told are NOT monitored. They only attach to your registration after they are taken to be viewed by any officer who runs the reg on the vehicle.
'97 thats been chopped up and put back together, and ready to take on the trails.
Marky
BSJ Member

Unread post by Marky »

Modeler wrote:You would be OK as the reg specifies that you must be greater than one inch above the formula result for a fail based on "manufacturing variances".
So, technically illegal, but not actionably illegal. I'll take it.
2014-19 Vice President
Other positions: DOE, At-Large
2013 JK Rubicon, 3" lift, 35" tires, lots of armor
Modeler
BSJ Member

Unread post by Modeler »

Marky wrote:
Modeler wrote:You would be OK as the reg specifies that you must be greater than one inch above the formula result for a fail based on "manufacturing variances".
So, technically illegal, but not actionably illegal. I'll take it.
Right, out of spec, but not. Gotta love this Commonwealth, NOT!
Speed costs money, how slow do you want to go?