Baystate Jeepers Facebook Page, please join us!

You can talk about anything here
DDewar53
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 1990
Jeep Model: YJ Wrangler

Re: Baystate Jeepers Facebook Page, please join us!

Unread post by DDewar53 »

Actually, though, do we really need it to have an age limit? If we can encourage little jeepers when they're young, why not? True, they can't join the club, but then again they can view this forum at any age.
Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty.

Robert A. Heinlein
ChrisD
Jeep Year: 2003
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Unread post by ChrisD »

1. Go to http://hs.new.facebook.com/help/contact_?
2.Type as a subject "My age is wrong"

3. Select as an issue (I would choose "Profile" or "Account Settings")
4.Then, copy in the following:
Then, copy in the following:

Hello,

When I joined Facebook, I made a mistake when selecting my year of birth. I was actually born on the (Day) of (Month) in (Year). I was told by some friend that for my age to corrected, I needed to give you details about my High School - you can find them below

My School:
City:
School's website:
Graduation Year: (in what year should you graduate?)

Kind regards,

(Your Name)

5. Fill in the form above as well as replacing the "date", "month, "year" details accordingly
6. You must now wait for Facebook to reply

7. You should first get a message saying that Customer Support has received your message - you could now be blocked for a few days from Facebook for "Administrative Purposes" - this is perfectly normal
8. You should soon receive a message from Customer Support saying that the change has been made but that you only have 30 days to join the network.

9. As you know, when you request to join a network you are "put on hold" until you make a Friend Request to a person already in that network. That person has to confirm that you are a member of your High School.
10. This may mean you will have to remove a friend in order to join the network. All you have to do is to say to them that in order to join the network (of which they are a member) you need to remove them as a friend and then add them again.

11. When they add you as a friend they will get a message saying the standard "John Doe wants to add you as a friend..." but they will also get a message saying "John Doe wants to join the High School X network" and then if they confirm, all will be well.
DDewar53

Thanks for the info on how to fix this, Chris.
Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty.

Robert A. Heinlein
Scott
Jeep Year: 2000
Jeep Model: XJ Cherokee

Unread post by Scott »

Holy CRAP, its easier to get a law passed in congress. :lol:
DDewar53

Scott wrote:Holy CRAP, its easier to get a law passed in congress. :lol:
:lol: :lol:

Robert A. Heinlein
Hoodoo Man
Jeep Year: 1970
Jeep Model: C101

Unread post by Hoodoo Man »

Bump we are at 190 likes on FB, if you havent already go ahead and do so to push us over 200. :D
1970 Jeepster- stock
2003 Jeep Rubicon 2" BDS Spring lift 35s and MCE fenders
2012 Jeep JKU 2.5' Terafkex spring lift, Rock Hard Bumpa, skids, BodyArmor4x4 sliders..