Hello from Newton

New to BSJ? We're glad to have you! Drop a line and introduce yourself to everyone here!
** NO TRAIL NAMES **

Moderator: Kurt

Forum rules
Please post a pic of your jeep.

Tell us about the mods you have made.

Tell us about the mods you hope to make in the future.

How long have you been a member of Baystate?

How long have you been offroading?

Is this your first jeep?

AND REMEMBER ** NO TRAIL NAMES **
ponygirl
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 2013
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Hello from Newton

Unread post by ponygirl »

Hi All,
Looks like a good group. Just joined the forum and am on the Waiting List.

Question, I've never off-roaded before. Do you do the 101 only once a year? I'm waiting on making any major mods to my JK until I get more experience under my belt.

Here's my 2013 Oscar Mike/Freedom edition. This is my third Jeep but my first Wrangler.
Attachments
IMG_0698-2.jpg
RalphTomaccio
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 2012
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Re: Hello from Newton

Unread post by RalphTomaccio »

Welcome Chris!

Yes, we only do the 101 once a year. But, please, don't let that hold you back from doing some of the less challenging stock runs that we offer throughout the year after you do get the chance to join. Waiting to do mods is a good thing. I did more than a year of wheeling before doing anything. It will help make you a better driver in the long run, as well as a better decision maker when it comes time to start buying the mods. In the mean time, ask everyone what they bought and why.

Oh, by the way. We are NOT a good club. We are a GREAT club! :dance:
pirahnah3
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1997
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Unread post by pirahnah3 »

Welcome to the forums, and hopefully soon the club. Best club in the area as far as most of us are concerned
'97 thats been chopped up and put back together, and ready to take on the trails.
Frank
Frankie BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1974
Jeep Model: CJ5

Unread post by Frank »

Its really your first Jeep , the others were just vehicles :) . Learn as you go , find out what else youd like to try . Go from there. Your already ahead having a two door , that helps when getting over things, you dont drag the middle as easy. Mostly skid plates are recommended as one of the first upgrades as the expensive parts are under the Jeep and we wanna protect them. Get out on a trail and see how you like it , go from there ! FjR68