Hello from Boxborough

New to BSJ? We're glad to have you! Drop a line and introduce yourself to everyone here!
** NO TRAIL NAMES **

Moderator: Kurt

Forum rules
Please post a pic of your jeep.

Tell us about the mods you have made.

Tell us about the mods you hope to make in the future.

How long have you been a member of Baystate?

How long have you been offroading?

Is this your first jeep?

AND REMEMBER ** NO TRAIL NAMES **
WranglerBob
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 2015
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Hello from Boxborough

Unread post by WranglerBob »

Hello All,

I have been looking at the website and interested in meeting a group in the central mass area. What appealed to me was the family friendly part of the club, and would like to learn more as I have a 5 and 7 year old that also like to come on trail runs when its not too sketchy for them, and i have a 10-month old pup that is also trail ready.

About me:
I live in Boxborough MA, and own a 2015 JKU Rubicon. This is the 3rd jeep ive owned after a 00 TJ and 99 XJ. The first two were winter/explorer vehicles but im wheeling and overlanding this latest jeep. I've learned to work on this one myself and only send it to a shop when its outside my skill area, but so far here is what i've learned and installed.

3.5" Metalcloak lift with Rocksport shocks (switched from AEV 3.5" DS), sway links, and all 8 control arms plus high steer kit.
Synergy draglink and trackbar
Adams 1310 driveshafts, front and rear.
Teraflex tire carrier and CB mount
Dynatrac Big-Brake kit
Evo Protek Skids, all 3
Warn Zeon 10s winch
Heated Truck-lites and KC fogs
Spod, onboard air, and some misc interior storage items.
315 duratracs on stock rims.

It's generally built as an all-arounder and we have loved it so far. Hopefully I get on a waiting list or can join as a guest on a future run to meet some more people.

Bob
IMG_0485 (2).jpg
RalphTomaccio
Jeep Year: 2012

Re: Hello from Boxborough

Unread post by RalphTomaccio »

Welcome, Bob.

You are correct in your thinking about BSJ being family friendly, including your dog. Sounds and looks like your rig is quite well equipped and ready to go. How much wheeling experience do you have?
WranglerBob
Jeep Year: 2015

Unread post by WranglerBob »

I bought it in September of 2014 and been wheeling since November that year, so 2.5 years? I've learned a lot in that time and have the scrapes and dings to prove it :) I definitely dont go looking for damage but i just accept its part of the learning process, and nearly everything i have strengthened was due to stock parts taking damage or failing. I've been part of Vermont Overland for a couple of years, enjoyed a trip to Rausch, and Little Monadnock when it was still open, but also like simple novice trails just to get out.
RalphTomaccio
Jeep Year: 2012

Unread post by RalphTomaccio »

Great! Sounds like you're ready for most everything we have to offer.
pirahnah3
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1997
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Unread post by pirahnah3 »

Welcome to the forums, and this is certainly a family friendly and dog friendly group. Looking forward to seeing you out there sometime.
'97 thats been chopped up and put back together, and ready to take on the trails.