HAZARD[ous] Introduction

New to BSJ? We're glad to have you! Drop a line and introduce yourself to everyone here!
** NO TRAIL NAMES **

Moderator: Kurt

Forum rules
Please post a pic of your jeep.

Tell us about the mods you have made.

Tell us about the mods you hope to make in the future.

How long have you been a member of Baystate?

How long have you been offroading?

Is this your first jeep?

AND REMEMBER ** NO TRAIL NAMES **
-HAZARD-
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 2004
Jeep Model: JL Wrangler

HAZARD[ous] Introduction

Unread post by -HAZARD- »

Greetings All,

My name is Matt and I’m from Hopkinton, MA. I just joined the forum and became a BSJ supporting member. I’ve been looking for a club to join over the past year, and kept coming back to yours. I’m fairly new to Jeeps, and off-roading full size vehicles, but have had plenty of ATV time growing up and still take ATV trips with friends as an adult. It’s time to move on in the sport to where I can take my young family along with me.

My Jeep is a 2004 WJ Overland, 4.7L HO, 6.5” RC Long Arm, 33” ProComp Tires and Wheels. It’s an extra vehicle, and was purchased stock with the intent of building it up to be a “play” vehicle. I still need to do some things to it (mechanical & extra features), but then again, don’t we all…

The biggest draw to wanting to join Baystate Jeepers was your tagline of being a Family Oriented club. My wife and I have two young girls (2 & 4) and we’ve been making efforts to raise them in front of a Nature Scene instead of an iPad Screen. We started them out with some camping last fall in NH and they took to it real well. I turned that into some back road exploring on some lighter duty Class 6 roads, and while some of it was a bit too much for them, I’m going to take baby steps and work them up to more moderate stuff.

Myself as well. I just don’t have that much time in the seat, so I’m growing as a driver as they are as passengers.

Looking forward to meeting you!
Last edited by -HAZARD- on Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:24 am, edited 3 times in total.
2004 WJ Overland, 4.7L HO, NP242HD, 6.5" Long Arm, 32.9" ProComp MT2
BlackNBlue-ISH
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2005
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Re: HAZARD[ous] Introduction

Unread post by BlackNBlue-ISH »

Welcome Matt and Family! I haven't wheeled with many grand cherokees, but yours looks quite ready for the trails. Be sure to check out our upcoming events, we have a number of "stock-challenging" trails good for newer drivers or less built rigs.
2005 TJ, built and beat accordingly
ASauer17
BSJ BOD President
Jeep Year: 1998

Unread post by ASauer17 »

Welcome!! I have 2 boys (2 in May and 4!). Love your jeep!! Looks nice!!
98/99 TJ
2023 President
----------------------------------------
2021 Director of Events
2018 Secretary
2016 & 2017 President
2014 & 2015 Secretary
RalphTomaccio
Jeep Year: 2012
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Unread post by RalphTomaccio »

Hello Matt,

I don't think you'll have any regrets joining BSJ. We're pretty active. Once you're a paid member and get a chance to check out our schedule, you'll agree.

Welcome aboard!
Frank
Frankie BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1974
Jeep Model: CJ5

Unread post by Frank »

Hey Matt :) Great choice of clubs. Weve been a member for about 12/13 yrs. My two boys grew up in the garage and we joined when they were 9 and 11. This club made us feel like we were meant for each other. My boys were welcomed in every function of the club . Now they are interested in girls which finally lets me get to Drive "Mona" . Its a blast , and as you and your Jeep grow , they will too . Welcome and see ya on a trail or camp out weekend. FjR68
Modeler
BSJ Member
Jeep Model: LJ Wrangler

Unread post by Modeler »

Welcome Matt.
Speed costs money, how slow do you want to go?
-HAZARD-
Jeep Year: 2004
Jeep Model: JL Wrangler

Unread post by -HAZARD- »

BlackNBlue-ISH wrote:I haven't wheeled with many grand cherokees
Lol, yeah we're kind of the grocery getter of the off-road world. The couple of times I've put it into some "situations", I've been impressed by it though.

I swapped in a 242HD transfer case over the winter, and went from 4.5" to 6.5" for a bit more clearance. I needed to upgrade both driveshafts then, but have only done the rear. I still need to make some caster adjustments to the front, then will measure and order up the front shaft.

This weekend, if I can get to it I need to replace the axle seals inside the carrier of the front D30, so while its all apart I'll do ball joints and then get all the adjustments done to order shaft.

I was really hoping to join you for the 101, but knew I couldn't get all that done in time. I should be ready to roll in May.
2004 WJ Overland, 4.7L HO, NP242HD, 6.5" Long Arm, 32.9" ProComp MT2
BlackNBlue-ISH
BSJ Member

Unread post by BlackNBlue-ISH »

Can't wait to see this on the trail. We definitely need some variety out there.
2005 TJ, built and beat accordingly
pirahnah3
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1997

Unread post by pirahnah3 »

Welcome! you did certainly pick a family friendly club, this group is great out on the trails and you will find helpful and fun folks all the time. Looking forward to seeing what she can do on the trails, she looks ready to hit some good ones and we have a bunch of schedule yet to run so come on out and play!
'97 thats been chopped up and put back together, and ready to take on the trails.