Hi Guys I'm Gil

New to BSJ? We're glad to have you! Drop a line and introduce yourself to everyone here!
** NO TRAIL NAMES **

Moderator: Kurt

Forum rules
Please post a pic of your jeep.

Tell us about the mods you have made.

Tell us about the mods you hope to make in the future.

How long have you been a member of Baystate?

How long have you been offroading?

Is this your first jeep?

AND REMEMBER ** NO TRAIL NAMES **
Infantryman1230
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 2015
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Hi Guys I'm Gil

Unread post by Infantryman1230 »

IMG_4355.JPG
Hey Guys,

My name is Gil and I just bought (a little over a year ago) my first wrangler.

- Forgive me but I'm trying to load a pic of my jeep but its says the file is too big, so ill work on that.

-I got a Rubicon Hard Rock Edition after about 8 months of hard thinking and research. I haven't taking it off roading really. Its my daily driver and I do hope to use it more often on trails.

- At the moment it is completely stock.

- Thoughts on mods 1) I would like to add a winch 2) Prob a lift although I think its kind of high already for my normal day use 3) and maybe some bigger tires I'm new to the scene so I don't know a lot about it.

- Just became a member of the forum today and depending on what Jeep 101 day is like ill probably start my membership process depending.

- Went off roading with it once and it I almost got stuck. Although I have been known to plow through snow mounds and purposely park on snow piles that giver Mt. Everest a run for its money because I can and its FUN. Also late last year a certain intersection in my town was flooding due to a water main leak and heavy rain. Cars were turning around and or finding alternate routes. Although I was a little skeptical about driving through the intersection I said to myself "WTF" because that has gotten me through certain things in life and went at it face on. Needless to day I made it through no problem. Also before getting my jeep i hated it when snow plows left 4 foot walls of snow in front of my driveway well now I welcome it. No better feeling than just throwing my jeep in 4WD and giving it some gas. Those walls had no chance.

Anyway hope to see some of you soon!!

-Gil
IMG_4355.JPG
RalphTomaccio
Jeep Year: 2012

Re: Hi Guys I'm Gil

Unread post by RalphTomaccio »

Welcome, Gil. Nothing wrong with still being stock. I recommend you drive it that way on the trails for at least a year. It will definately make you a better driver. In the meantime, ask a lot of questions, check out other members Jeeps and have fun. See you at the 101.
MtMan
Jeep Year: 2017

Unread post by MtMan »

Welcome to the forum Gil! I am a new member of Baystate Jeepers and will also be at the 101. Look forward to meet you.
MtMan
2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
pirahnah3
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1997
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Unread post by pirahnah3 »

Welcome to the forums, you have certainly put thought into what you buy and what you want do to it. I would highly recommend looking into skids and a bit of armor for the Jeep as well. While you certainly are headed in the right direction you will also want to protect what you have as you get out into wheeling it more.
'97 thats been chopped up and put back together, and ready to take on the trails.
Carl McFly
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2000
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Unread post by Carl McFly »

Nice rig! And welcome aboard. You won't find a better club than BSJ. See you at the 101

Carl
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads"
Frank
Frankie BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1974
Jeep Model: CJ5

Unread post by Frank »

Gil Dude . Its about time we got at least a scratch on that beauty . Follow me ! FjR68