New to BSJ? We're glad to have you! Drop a line and introduce yourself to everyone here!
** NO TRAIL NAMES **

Moderator: Kurt

Forum rules
Please post a pic of your jeep.

Tell us about the mods you have made.

Tell us about the mods you hope to make in the future.

How long have you been a member of Baystate?

How long have you been offroading?

Is this your first jeep?

AND REMEMBER ** NO TRAIL NAMES **
Paul F Boundy
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 2011
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Unread post by Paul F Boundy »

URL=http://s976.photobucket.com/user/pfb063 ... .jpeg.html]Image[/URL]

Hello, my name is Paul. I'm from West Townsend, MA and just joined the group. I've owned my 2011 70th Anniversary model JKU since March 2015. This is my first jeep. It's an automatic. I've been budgeting out a lift for it since I purchased it. Unfortunately my "certified used jeep" has been in the shop constantly over the last 18 months. My lift kit has sat new in the boxes, in my garage, as I wait for the dealer to fix the issues. I didn't want the dealer blaming the issues on the lift. As of this writing the jeep has been at the dealer for 33 days.
Besides oil changes and filter changes, tire rotations and normal upkeep every 5000 miles the jeep has had bothe rear axel seal replaced, followed by a new rear axel, new rear axel assembly, new rear differential, new pinion gear, new rear drive shaft, new torque converter, pump and most recently a new transmission and EGR valve. This all stemmed from a shuddering / vibration, similar to being in to high a gear on a manny for the situation. It initially started at 30-40 mph at 11-1350 rpms. Now it has a wider range but usually never occurs at over 55mph.
Apologize for being so long winded. But I have 5000 dollars of lift kit, complete flex control arm kit, accessories, wheels, tires, TPMS, lug nuts, wheel locks, and complete replacement bolts for entire suspension in my garage and no Jeep.
I'm going to keep the Jeep stock, if I ever get it back, or let the dealer buy it from me if they make an offer. Not going to put 5 grand into something I'm afraid to take off road. Too unreliable.
I will the post the lift in the classifieds. The prices are well below retail.
Thanks.
Paul.
RalphTomaccio
Jeep Year: 2012

Re: New member

Unread post by RalphTomaccio »

Welcome, Paul. Quite the history you have there with your Jeep. Sorry to hear about that. It was probably a good idea not putting all the upgrades into it as you stated, since the dealer may not have been willing to attempt taking care of all those issues. Has the "certified" aspect of the Jeep been taking care of the actual cost of repair?

Well, at least you picked a great club to become a part of. Our season will be starting in March with a snow run if we actually have some then. Join up and check out our awesome schedule this year.

P.S. have you considered selling the Jeep and keeping the lift etc. and buying another Jeep?
Paul F Boundy

I didn't want to come across as whining but I wanted to offer up my lift and accessories for some one else to use and take advantage of my discounts. Thus far my extended warranty has taken care of most of the costs. My dilemma now is I'm in limbo. I don't have a Jeep and Chrysler is being less than upfront about what the plan is going forward. I don't know when I will be getting it back! I guess I'm just tired and frustrated with all the issues and most likely will not be purchasing another Jeep.
If I do get it back and it seems to be working well I'd like to join you on some runs with my stock platform, but I will have a For Sale sign in the front and rear window. Thanks for the welcome, hope to meet some of you on your runs.
Best - Paul
Hoodoo Man
Jeep Year: 1970
Jeep Model: C101

Unread post by Hoodoo Man »

I would be working my way up the ladder at Jeep if I were you. I would be asking to speak the the district manager at a minimum and asking about a buy back or full credit trade on a vehicle. Belive it or not they do care but only if you make them care as the squeaky wheel gets the grease so to speak. What are you driving while I presume your daily driver is in the shop for these issues? For the record it does not come across as a whiny post at all. Welcome to the forum, I hope they do right by you!
Jeff
1970 Jeepster- stock
2003 Jeep Rubicon 2" BDS Spring lift 35s and MCE fenders
2012 Jeep JKU 2.5' Terafkex spring lift, Rock Hard Bumpa, skids, BodyArmor4x4 sliders..
Paul F Boundy

Jeff, thanks for the advice. I have been pretty vocal about resolving the issue, they just haven't succeeded in determining the cause or remedying it.
They have provided me with a Jeep Cherokee but only I can drive it, no pets and it's just not the same. But it is free, except the gas. Haha
Currently dealing with Dealers top tranny tech, the manager and a Chrysler assigned engineer. Today's latest dart throw was test driving with on board computer hooked up. No solution, problem still persist. Tomorrow they are rebalancing the 4 tires onnthe Force5 machine. We will see.
Thanks for the welcome and the advice.
Best - Paul
MDSRACING398
Jeep Year: 1985
Jeep Model: CJ7

Unread post by MDSRACING398 »

Sounds like time to find a new dealership
Do it right the first time!
Second place is First Loser! Work Harder
Semper Fi
Frank
Frankie BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1974
Jeep Model: CJ5

Unread post by Frank »

Jeff :( Sorry to hear of the lemon you bought. Way down here in Ct. you would already have a different vehicle courtesy of the DMV and the lemon law we have on the books. Its worded to include a length of time and - Key- being three/five attempts at fixing the same issue. Maybe Ma. can do something for you. I cant believe they have done all those repairs and are just now getting around to balancing the tires ! Did this just start or was it like this from purchase ? Good luck in the repair and dont let them slip outta this. Jeff had mentioned the factory rep ---- There is a person who represents Chrysler and travels an area to remedy warranty and other issues. All you need to do is request when hes/she is in the area. This should be one of those time when you nip this any way you can. We can all show up at the dealers lot and look angry for you ! Good luck FjR68
ImNotCassie

Unread post by ImNotCassie »

Frank wrote:I cant believe they have done all those repairs and are just now getting around to balancing the tires !

That's exactly what I thought. Wouldn't that be the first and cheapest thing to check?

I believe MA has a lemon law.
-Cassandra
2011 Silver/Black JK

It's never a mannequin!!
https://talkingtruecrime.podbean.com
pirahnah3
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1997
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Unread post by pirahnah3 »

Wow, sorry to hear about the issues. It can be a real downer when things act up like this.

The Lemon law can be tough, as it needs to be three failures of the same item, and can be a pain to really get into working with but is a valid thing to use as part of a discussion. It really depends on what you want, the Jeep itself or a new one.

Either way you decide to go I wish you luck, I have had dealer problems before but we were always able to work something out that seemed to work for both parties.
'97 thats been chopped up and put back together, and ready to take on the trails.
Paul F Boundy

MA lemon law did not cover the issues as the Jeep was 'used' and past the lemon law coverage dates when it started to act up. The dealer has replaced basically from the rear axel to the engine with all new parts, with the exception of the transfer case. I'm just tired of dealing with it and will be selling the lift kit and accessories. Everything is brand new / in the box.
Best way to reach me is by text at 978-302-9053.
Thanks again - Paul
JeepAddict
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2016

Unread post by JeepAddict »

Hey Paul did by any chance recently sell your soft top?
Chrome? Never heard of it.