New to Jeeps. Inspection Question

New to BSJ? We're glad to have you! Drop a line and introduce yourself to everyone here!
** NO TRAIL NAMES **

Moderator: Kurt

Forum rules
Please post a pic of your jeep.

Tell us about the mods you have made.

Tell us about the mods you hope to make in the future.

How long have you been a member of Baystate?

How long have you been offroading?

Is this your first jeep?

AND REMEMBER ** NO TRAIL NAMES **
RandyCarol
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2013
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Re: New to Jeeps. Inspection Question

Unread post by RandyCarol »

What they say about the LS swap?
Stubby antenna & Prorock 60’s
Richl35
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee

Unread post by Richl35 »

RandyCarol wrote:What they say about the LS swap?
They had some restrictions that I had to follow.

1. You must still have an operational OBD2 port for testing.
2. The motor must come from the same year or newer vehicle.
3. The motor must come from a vehicle classification meeting the same federal emission standard. Ex.. I can use a 5.3L from a 2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 but not a 6.0L from a Silverado 2500 HD. The emission standards on heavy duty work trucks is slightly relaxed by the federal govt so it can't be used in this state. But a supercharged 6.2L out of a ZL1 Camaro is fine. Haha..
4. All original emission equipment must be functional or a functional replacement from the donor vehicle must be on place. So EVAP canisters, EGR valves, O2 sensors and catalytic converted must be in place and 100% operational.

The big one is the functional OBD2 port for emission testing.
RalphTomaccio
Jeep Year: 2012

Unread post by RalphTomaccio »

I was speaking with the Service Manager at Imperial Chrysler/Jeep who also manages the inspection process and he said the majority of the inspections that will be reviewed will be those who failed the initial inspection. Others will be randomly reviewed.

He has a new JKU Rocky Ridge customized Jeep on the lot that won't pass inspection and has no idea what he's going to do with it. Maybe a good deal for someone willing to either trailer it or make the necessary modifications to make it pass. Contact Mike Walsh if interested at (877) 245-6146. Tell him I sent you! :dance:
Yipjeep

Unread post by Yipjeep »

RalphTomaccio wrote:He has a new JKU Rocky Ridge customized Jeep on the lot that won't pass inspection and has no idea what he's going to do with it. Maybe a good deal for someone willing to either trailer it or make the necessary modifications to make it pass. Contact Mike Walsh if interested at (877) 245-6146. Tell him I sent you! :dance:
Maybe he will take a good offer from someone who lives out-of-state.
Lisah311
Jeep Year: 2005
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Unread post by Lisah311 »

Just had my jeep inspected and it barely passed. It seems to be up to the state inspector. Mine is a JKU and with the wheelbase, should only have a 3” lift and no rubber sticking out past the fenders. I doubt mine will pass next year since they have it down to a science now and will actual measure every part of your jeep.
The guy who inspected my jeep said just after they took mine off the lift, the state came to discuss modified jeeps and said mine wouldn’t pass (and mine is far from anything seriously modded. I have stock fenders and only running a 3.5” short arm)
2005 Rubicon
-HAZARD-
Jeep Year: 2004
Jeep Model: JL Wrangler

Unread post by -HAZARD- »

You mean the state called the inspector right then and there, after observing your vehicle being inspected through the cameras or something? Or someone from the state just happened to be there while you were there??:

Did it look like your profile pic when you took it in to be inspected?

Ugh....I'm so worked up over this. I have to get mine done this month.
2004 WJ Overland, 4.7L HO, NP242HD, 6.5" Long Arm, 32.9" ProComp MT2